File creation guide
The file creation guide contains information about how to create split time files for upload in some popular event administration systems. If your system is not present, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and it might be added.
Create a split time file using Sport Software's software
The following instructions, illustrated with screenshots, show how to create a split time file in CSV format using Sport Software's software (OE20xx, MT20xx, OS20xx). The screenshots are from the English version of OE2003, and may differ from the appearance of your version. However, the principle is similar in all versions.
1. Start the event administration system and select Results in the Competition day menu.
2. Select SportIdent in the menu in the window that is shown. If you are using MT20xx, make sure that the desired stage is active. No other settings in this window matter in this case.
3. All classes in the list should be selected. If you are using OS20xx, Legs by course combination in the Report type frame have to be checked, otherwise the results will not be uploaded correctly. OE20xx and MT20xx users should select Classes. Click the OK button to proceed.
4. The split times of the event are shown in a new window. Click Interface in the menu.
5. Make sure that Character separated columns (CSV) is checked, and that Delimiter is set to either Tab or Semicolon. Enter a filename in the textbox and create the file by clicking OK.
Create a split time file using Emit's eTiming software
The following instructions, illustrated with screenshots, show how to create a split time file in XML format using Emit's eTiming software version 18.104.22.168 and later. The screenshots are from this version, and may differ from the appearance of your version. However, the principle shoul be similar in all versions.
1. Choose File > Save as > Split result list in the main menu of eTiming.